Thursday, January 20, 2011

my PSA to women everywhere.

     Cover your eyes boys. Don't read this post if you are squeamish about ovaries or vaginas.
Okay ladies.  I think there is a large population of women who HAVE already found and read this book, but if you haven't, you should:
Taking Charge of Your Fertility
The definitive guide to natural birth control, pregnancy achievement, and reproductive health. 
by Toni Weschler
     I read this book a number of years ago, and I couldn't believe all the things that I just had no clue about, (or worse, was misinformed about) concerning my own reproductive system. It answered all the questions I had that were just brushed off by many of the physicians I have seen.
     To know me is to know I have a bit of a feminist side... and where better to begin the journey of self-empowerment than through the understanding of your own body. This book has saved me so much worry and anxiety at times, just knowing what it is that my body is trying to do and why.  I see that the author has now come out with a more youth-friendly version of this material for pre/teenage girls.  Sadie will definitely be getting a copy when she is at that age.  Oh gosh, that is just crazy to think about! Anyhoo--if you are a woman, or a man interested in women's reproductive health, you should definitely read this book.  It is excellent, and sooooooooo informative!

No comments:

Post a Comment