Sunday, May 27, 2012

The Happy Scientist

It's funny that this last few weeks I feel like I have finally really gotten into my mothering groove.  Funny, and ironic--especially considering that in 2 1/2 months or so I'm going to be starting this crazy journey all over again--with considerably more chaos this time. No matter though, for the moment I am loving just soaking up the time with my almost-two-year-old girl. 
We have been spending as much time as possible out in the sunshine, which means all art & materials science projects have been moved to the porch until further notice. Or rain.
Sadie's science/art tray this week features droppers full of colored water, an assortment of brushes and measuring tools, cornstarch, baking soda and vinegar.  This girl will spend hours outside in the sunshine dabbling, dropping, mixing, experimenting...which kind of parallels how I feel about my parenting journey at this point.  After a lot of trial and error you have the Eureka! moment when all the pieces come together and make sense.  At least for a little while.
And any mom can tell you, it would be foolish not to treasure every. single. moment. of that little while.

1 comment:

  1. You are a very wise (an wonderful!) mommy. I bet you will handle two just as well. Can't wait to see another beautiful Prosser baby.

    ReplyDelete