Thursday, February 16, 2012

Upcycled Wool Snuggle Bunnies

I haven't been doing much crafting or sewing lately.  It seems like it's been all I can do to keep up with the house chores,  the cooking, the dogs, my own little one, and the new little one I have been keeping an eye on during the day.  When a friend dropped off a bag of felted wool sweater scraps a couple weeks ago though, I just had to make something.
For some reason, Sadie's been really into bunnies lately, and the lovely piece of soft grey cashmere on the right just called out to become a rabbit.  I looked online for some bunny toy patterns, and found a lot of cute ones that were rag-doll style with long dangle-y arms and legs, but I had something more "Watership Down-but-also-snuggleable" in mind, and this is what I came up with.
The one on the right is actually Sadie's new favorite lovey.  It has been beaten around the house for a couple weeks, and is holding up rather well.  The one on the left is stuffed with raw wool and organic lavender and smells like heaven--it is a gift for a friend's little, so I have to keep it hidden, or Sadie will claim it for her own.   I would have liked to get a few more pictures to show what they look like from different angles, but Sadie kept snatching them up and trying to snuggle with them. 
Who can resist a snuggle bunny? If I can get my act together, I will put a pattern and tutorial on here in late March so you can sew your own in time for Easter. It is a really simple pattern, and a great way to use recycled crafting materials.  This would be a perfect addition to a little one's Easter Basket.  Happy up-cycling to you all!

2 comments:

  1. You haven't added to your blog in over a month, I hope you are okay up in cold Nome, AK. We have had an unusually warm winter; it would be nice to have some of your cold weather to kill all of the bugs in the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog through our Aug 2012 birth board and I wanted to say hi. Those bunnies are absolutely adorable!!

    ReplyDelete