Wednesday, February 1, 2012

bread+chocolate= love.

Back in my traveling days, Pain au Chocolat was one my favorite indulgences from the tiny bakery cafes in Europe.  To sit and enjoy this with a cup of strong espresso and a good book or my journal to keep me company... 
sigh. It was lovely.
Usually, it comes in the form of a croissant with a big hunk of chocolate baked in.  I don't know about you, but I don't have time to bake croissants. ever. 
Loren & I did rediscover this treat last summer on a trip to Homer where we had the Two Sister's Bakery version of this treat, which is made with a heartier bread dough and sprinkled liberally with cinnamon sugar.  They were wonderful. 
And maybe it's the cold, cold, weather, 
but lately I have been in a bread baking mood.
Here is the recipe, so you can try them out yourself, 
if the spirit moves you.
I think they would make a perfect Valentines treat.

1 comment:

  1. YUM! i've been in a total "try new recipes mood" lately and this is going on the list. can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete