Monday, January 2, 2012

lingonberry-apple pie

 Crust:
blend in food processor or blender
2 cups of flour
1 cup cold butter cut up
1tsp salt
slowly add until crust just comes together
1/4 cup vanilla vodka.
Did you know that replacing the water with vodka in your pie crust makes it impossibly flaky?
It does... and you should try it sometime.

Filling:
2 cups lingonberries or cranberries
3 sad looking apples from the fruit bowl that everyone keeps passing by
3/4 c. sugar
4T. cornstarch, or your favorite pie thickener
dash of the vanilla vodka that you didn't need for the crust
2 pats of butter.
toss together

Fill bottom pie crust, put the top crust on, poke some holes, cover edges with foil and bake at 425 for 30 minutes
uncover edges, reduce heat to 350 and cook another 30-40 minutes, until juices are bubbling
and the tantalizing aroma sends you to pie heaven. 
Enjoy!


5 comments:

  1. I want to try this! Love the vodka idea. I will have to go an purchase some, I used the vodka we had in the house in November to make Blueberry Liquer (turned out great!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great. Will have to try it with the sad little amount of lingonberries I have left. Never heard of adding Vodka. That, I will have to try! Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! So making this. I put away a ton of ligonberries this year! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man I mad this tonight and it was AWESOME! I posted pics of it and linked back to your blog. Thanks!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We also have lingonberries on our Island. I will try your recipe. It looks fantastic! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete