Saturday, October 1, 2011

art rocks

It's starting to get cold here (a tiny bit of snow this morning even).  Sadie and I have been trying to make the most of the beach while we still can.  Yesterday we collected some nice, BIG, flat rocks in a bucket.  Today we decided to add our own embellishments.  Not sure if Sadie enjoyed scribbling on the rocks or eating the crayons more.  It was probably a toss.   

Speaking of rocks, Sadie also picked up a tiny one on the way to the library today.  I thought she had dropped it along the way, but as we were in the library browsing for books she managed to sneak that thing into her mouth and choke on it.  I had to perform the Heimlich maneuver right there amongst the library shelves.  It about scared the crap out of me.  I was beginning to think that Sadie had almost grown out of the putting everything in her mouth phase.  Sheesh.
That's one thing about 1-year-olds...they sure keep you guessing.

2 comments:

  1. omg poor sadie!!! i definitely see things going in his mouth when least expected too! [but luckily never had to do the Heimlich; hope i'm not jinxing things by saying that]. and you know how you posted on my blog "oh, sweet corn, yum!" ? well that was field corn he was trying to chew on. my guess is you dont have that in nome so i'll explain: it is for cows, not people and it is pretty much as hard as little rocks. LOL!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! That is so funny. Can you tell I'm a farm country NUB... it looked so good in the picture. We don't ever see farm corn here, because no one raises livestock, but I do know that it is NOT good to eat. (thanks to watching the documentary King Corn) But that's the thing with one-year-olds, they put everything in their mouths;)

    ReplyDelete