Sunday, November 4, 2012

Eli at two months

 Come on guys... this is a serious blog post for my serious little guy.  Okay, not really.  Elias has really started to smile and squeal with delight the last couple of weeks...except when I get the camera out.  Then all I can get out of him are these skeptical looks.
Who are you, and where did my mom go? All things considered {the spitting up and screaming being all things} Eli is one charming little fellow, and by little I mean 18 lbs and 26 inches long.  I guess I can rest assured that some of that milk is staying down, or else Eli is just growing on all the loves he gets.

 I confess, I am one smitten mama--who can resist those chubby baby cheeks and sweet smiles?  Even the fussiness isn't as stressful this time around, because I know how fast these stages whiz by and I am trying to just enjoy Eli as a baby, because he wont stay that way for long.  He is getting busy already-- and to keep me on my toes he has decided to do everything different than his sister.  Sadie loved being nursed to sleep--not this guy.  He needs motion to snooze.  Thank goodness for the hand-me-down baby swing from Loren's aunt. He is just starting to grab at things, and his favorite past time is kicking the corner of his play gym to make all the toys wiggle.  I can see the little cause and effect wheels turning in his baby brain.  Eli seems to be a very alert and observant baby; he loves to check out the world around him--his favorite thing probably being his sister, because boy does he ever get to smiling every time she comes around. Sadie is a good big sister.  Although she gets jealous at times, she has a very innate sense of gentleness which I have greatly appreciated these last two months. Well, speaking of Eli--he is awake and needing some mama time now, so I am going to sign off on this post.  I'll be back before you know it with the three month update, because that's just the way time flies.

1 comment:

  1. what a handsome big boy! i give him a few more months and he'll be bigger than blaine! i can't believe eli is 2 months already. time sure does fly!

    ReplyDelete