Since I am the worst for forgetting, I thought I better at least tell you a few of the things that I love and appreciate about you on your 45th birthday.
1. You are pretty much the best mom anyone could ask for. You loved all of us kids equally, but recognized and celebrated our individuality.
2. You taught me to be curious about the world around me, how to investigate, intuit, and fix things. You showed me how important it is for a woman to have a good head on her shoulders to carry around a good heart inside her.
3. You taught me how to sew, and cook, and plant a garden and how to use my imagination to improvise when needed.
4. You show us all what it means to stand by what you believe in.
5. You make the holidays magical, and even though sometimes we had very little, you always made it seem like a lot.
6. You taught me to believe in myself and know that I am capable to do anything I set my mind to.
7. Even though you didn't really have a mom to teach you, you manage to set an example of kindness and motherly love so excellent that I will be proud if someday I can say I did half as good a job as you.
Now that I have a daughter of my own I think all the time how lucky I am to have a mama who teaches me amazing things that I can pass on to her. Sadie is a lucky-ducky to have such a grandma. Happy belated...We love you!!!